Decor Suggestion: Bring the Indoors Out
4 reasons to treat your outdoor spaces like an extension of your home.
Don’t let Philadelphia’s short summers stop you from going all out outside. In fact, I’d say a short summer season is a reason in itself to beautify your outdoor space. Scroll down for some tips & photos for inspiration. If you want to find a house with an awesome outdoor space, contact us, we’d love to help you!
- The short season! Don’t you want to savor every last minute in a relaxing, comfortable & private space? Public parks are great for people watching but lounging on your patio or deck is so much more relaxing.
- If your first floor has an open floor plan with a big slider or French doors to the patio your living space will appear SO much larger when it flows outdoors.
- You’ll use it more! In cities a large outdoor space, balcony or roof deck will cost you some extra coin…so you want to use it! Like, all the time.
- You can eat al fresco or have a nightcap under the stars. **sighs**
outdoor decorating tips & tricks
- Sunbrella brand fabrics are meant to withstand harsh outdoor conditions without fading or staining. I’m on year 4 with my set & while they could look a little “fresher” I never bring them in & I scrub them maybe once a year.
- Teak furniture looks better as it ages (IMO but you can use teak oil or stain it for that rich look) & lasts forever.
- Outdoor rugs can make a huge difference if your patio is beat up & you want to hide it or you just want an awesome pop of color.
- Set the mood with lighting just like indoors. Candles, fire pit, lanterns or string lights. The options are limitless.
- The more you use your outdoors the more storage you will need. Consider a potting bench, console or a storage ottoman.
- Use a similar color scheme indoors & out so the rooms flow together.
- If you think you have a black thumb but want to add some greenery succulents are so easy to grow. Just bring them indoors when it starts to get cold so they don’t die.