Utility Companies in Philadelphia

contact utility companies two weeks prior to closing

Call the utility companies about two weeks prior to closing & advise them of your settlement date to ensure a smooth transfer of utilities.


To start, stop or transfer electric or natural gas service, customers can visit our online convenience center, or call customer service at 1-800-494-4000, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.


philadelphia gas works

Be sure to notify PGW at (215) 235-1000 at least seven days before the shutoff  or transfer to avoid unnecessary costs. You are responsible for gas used at the property until PGW can access your meter to shut it off.

(215) 235-1000

philadelphia water department

To transfer water service your HUD sheet from settlement must be handed over in person or faxed over to the water department.  You cannot call to transfer service.

Drop off in person:

Municipal Services Building
1401 J.F.K. Boulevard
Concourse Level
Philadelphia, PA 19102

(215) 686-6880
Philadelphia Water Department Website


Back to Top